Britta credits her various food inspirations, techniques, flavors, etc. to:
- Her mother; her aunt; her German heritage.
- Matthew Kenney—His techniques, flavor perfections, and attention to beauty.
- Joel Walton, Patrick Panton and all the farmers that love what they do and do what they love.
- Mike Minichiello—Friend and biggest early vegan influence since 2007. Shared many vegan meals together and had many long discussions about the implications of our consumption on our health and the earth.
- Viewing locally available food as an integral part of heritage.
- The weekly farmers market.
Movies & TV
- Forks Over Knives
- Food Inc.
- Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead
- OMG GMO
- Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown
All delicious things take two ingredients that can’t be made in a factory:
Time & Love